Friday, September 12, 2008

Convenience


I have to say there is one good thing about living in Beijing, you can find almost any type of repair shop in your neighborhood. I had one of my good shoes that started to come apart at the sole due to being worn in water too many times. So I asked a friend take it to a cobbler outside the gate of the University where it cost me 3RMB (about 0.50 US), so how can you beat that? I know it would have cost at least half the price of a new pair in the U.S.

You can see in the photo how much work was done, if you're lucky I'll keep you updated on how well it holds up.

It cost me the same price, 3RMB to have a pedal replaced on my bicycle too, right here in the neighborhood where I live. Which is at the repair shop now...mebbe I can give some info on that next time, cause I know you really want to see my bike.

You are so lovely!
:D

No comments: